White Chocolate Mocha Shortbread
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors White Chocolate Mocha
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Vanilla flavored candy wafers
- Position racks in top third and bottom third of oven and preheat to 325 degrees F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper. Sift first 4 ingredients into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Beat in OOOFlavors White Chocolate Mocha and powdered sugar. Add dry ingredients and beat until well blended. Dough will be the consistency of thick frosting.
- Gather dough into ball; divide into 3 equal pieces. Place 1 dough piece close to each end of 1 prepared sheet. Place third piece in center of second prepared sheet. Using moistened fingertips, press each dough piece to 7-inch diameter round. Using small sharp knife, mark each round into 8 wedges. Press fork tines around edge of each to make notched design. Bake shortbread 12 minutes. Reverse sheets. Bake until shortbread looks dry and feels firm to touch, about 12 minutes longer. Cool on sheets on rack. Cut shortbread into wedges along marked lines. Transfer wedges to work surface.
- Place wafers in a small resealable plastic bag. Melt in microwave oven at 50% power, squeezing bag every 30 seconds until thoroughly melted. Twist bag, then snip off just the tip of the corner and pipe decoratively over cookies. Let stand until chocolate sets, about 20 minutes. Store airtight in single layers between sheets of waxed paper.
Makes 2 Dozen