- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2-4 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Red Velvet (VG) Flavoring
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8x8 square pan with non-stick
2. In a large mixing bowl, add in the melted butter, brown sugar, granulated
sugar, egg and OOOFlavors Red Velvet (VG) Flavoring. Mix with a hand
mixer on medium until incorporated.
3. Add in the flour and cocoa powder and mix until combined.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
5. Place into the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until done. The bars are thin,
so they will bake up quickly.
6. Remove from the oven and let cool completely. Work on the frosting in the
1. In a double boiler, add in the white chocolate chips. Stir occasionally until the chips are melted and completely smooth. If you don't have a double boiler,
use a medium saucepan with about an inch of water in it. Let it simmer and
add a bowl on top. You'll want the bowl slightly larger so it doesn't fall into the
pan or touch the simmering water.
2. Once the chocolate is melted, add into a large mixing bowl. Add in the cream cheese and butter. Mix with the hand mixer until combined.
3. Add in the powdered sugar. Beat with the hand mixer until light and fluffy. It
will take about 1 - 2 minutes.
4. Spread the frosting onto the cooled bars. Slice into 9 bars. Serve!
Makes 9 bars