Herb Friendly Thumbprint Tea Cookies
Tryout This Trippy Recipe!
- 3 Cups All-Purpose Flour•1 Cup Almond Flour• 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Nutmeg•1 Tsp Baking Powder•1 Tsp Salt•1 Cup Butter and/or 1/2 Magic Butter
- 1 1/4 Cups Granulated Sugar•2 Large Eggs•20 Drops OOOFlavors Natural Vanilla
- 1 Cup Strawberry or Raspberry Jam•Powdered Sugar for Dusting
- Mix together flour, almond flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt.
- Use an electric mixer to beat butter & sugar together until light & fluffy, about 2 mins.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Add OOOVanilla, mixed & combined, stop to scrape down bowl as necessary.
- Add in dry ingredients & mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Divide dough in 2 equal pieces, and wrap each piece in cling film, patting into a 1-inch-thick disk. Chill at least 2 hours before rolling.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line 4 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Working with 1 disk at a time, roll out the dough between 2 sheets of plastic wrap until it is about 1/8 inch thick.
- Use a 3-inch diameter cookie cutter, cut out as many circles as possible. Take half of these cookies and cut a smaller shape from the interior of the larger cookie. If the dough becomes too soft slide it onto a cookie sheet and chill for a few minutes in the freezer before continuing. Gather any scraps of dough, combine them and roll them out, chilling as necessary until all the cookies are cut. Transfer dough cookies to the parchment-lined baking sheets spaced about 1 inch apart.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges are just starting to turn golden. Cool completely before filling.
- To assemble, spread a thin coating of jam onto the flat sides of the larger cookies.
- Dust the tops of the cutout cookies with powdered sugar and place on top of jam spread cookies. Serve.