- 14 ounces good quality dark chocolate*, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Double Dutch Chocolate Flavoring
- ½ cup ground pecans
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 12 ounces confectionery coating, melted
- *Some favorite truffle flavors: peppermint, sparkling wine, royal raspberry, coffee & orange brandy
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with waxed paper.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan, heat cream over low heat until just boiling. Remove from heat. Add butter and chopped chocolate; stirring until completely smooth. Add OOOFlavors Double Dutch Chocolate Flavoring and stir to combine. Pour mixture into prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm, about 1 ½ to 2 hours (or overnight).
3. Remove from refrigerator. Using a teaspoon or melon baller, scoop out small balls of the firm mixture and place on heavy weight dipping paper or waxed paper. Once all of the mixture has been scooped, form each portion by hand into a round ball. Roll truffles into one of the coatings or dip into melted confectionery coating. Store truffles in an airtight container in refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
Makes about 30 to 40 truffles, depending on size.
Truffles will keep for about 2 weeks chilled or at room temperature, when stored in a tightly sealed container.