Chocolate Covered Caramel “Pretzel”
- 1 jar Nekstella (I used 16 Oz)
- OOOFlavors Pretzel Liquid Concentrate
- 3 Oz Kerrygold salted butter
- 1 tbs swerve or Splenda naturals
- 8 tbs unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 3 tbs swerve or Splenda naturals
- Macadamia nuts, pecans, hazelnuts
- Splenda naturals or swerve
- Coarse sea salt
1. Start by melting your jar of Nekstella and 3 tbs salted Kerrygold. Heat at a low heat because it melts very quickly. Once it’s melted together add 1 tbs sweetener. Now add OOOFlavors Pretzel Liquid Concentrate. Around 20-30 drops. Mix and remove from heat.
2. Pour into your 9x13 dish. I sprayed my disposable aluminum pan with coconut oil
3. Put in freezer.
4. Now you make your caramel layer. Heat 1 stick (8 tbs) unsalted butter at low heat.
5. You want it to turn light golden brown.
6. Once it’s golden brown, remove from heat and add 1/2 cup heavy cream and mix.
Add sweetener and keep mixing.
7. Put back on heat and allow to bubble up. Keep stirring. Once it’s boiled, remove from heat again and let sit to thicken.
8. Now the pretzel layer. Pulse most of your nuts (set some whole ones aside for later) and sweetener together slightly. It should be a chunky/ floury consistency.
9. Remove hardened chocolate layer from freezer. Pour thickened caramel layer on top.
10. Pour nut mix on top of caramel. Add a few whole nuts. Sprinkle some coarse sea salt on top.
11. Put back in freezer. Will be set in about an hour.