- 4 quarts popped corn
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Caramel Popcorn Flavoring (flavor amount can be increased as desired)
- Liquid Food Coloring (as desired)
1. Preheat oven to 250º F. Spread popped popcorn on baking sheets lined with parchment paper; set aside.
2. Combine sugar, corn syrup, butter, salt and cream of tartar in medium saucepan. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Cook to 250°F without stirring.
3. Remove from heat. After boiling action ceases, add OOOFlavors Caramel Popcorn Flavoring and color. Add baking soda and stir in quickly but thoroughly. Pour at once while foamy over warm popcorn; mix gently to coat popcorn.
4. Bake popcorn for 30 minutes, stirring after 15 minutes to distribute candy coating. Remove from oven and stir again. Cool completely and store in airtight containers.