- 1 package (18 1/4 ounces) plain yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 ripe medium -size bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 3 large eggs
- 3-6 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Banana Sweet Cream Flavoring For Banana Cream Cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 to 6 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Banana Sweet Cream Flavoring
1. Heat oven to 350 º F. Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking pan with shortening and dust with flour. Shake out excess flour.
2. Add cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon to a large mixing bowl. Add mashed bananas, 1 cup water, oil, eggs and OOOFlavors Banana Sweet Cream Flavoring. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed 1 minute. Stop mixer and scrape down side of bowl with rubber spatula. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed until well blended, scraping side again if needed.
3. Pour into prepared pan, and place on center rack of oven.
4. Bake until top is lightly browned and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, and cool on a wire rack.
1. Place cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl.
2. Blend with an electric mixer on low speed until combined. Add in confectioners' sugar a bit at a time, and blend on low speed until well incorporated, 1 minute.
3. Add flavoring, and blend at medium speed until fluffy, minute more.
4. Frost cooled cake.
Yield - 16 servings