Here's a recipe for Ube Ice Cream using Ube flavor concentrate:
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 15-30 Drops Ube flavor concentrate
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Purple food coloring (optional)
- In a medium saucepan, heat the heavy cream, whole milk, sugar, salt, and Ube flavor concentrate over medium heat until the sugar has dissolved, stirring frequently.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks until pale yellow and slightly thickened.
- Gradually pour about 1/2 cup of the hot cream mixture into the egg yolks, whisking constantly to temper the yolks.
- Pour the tempered egg mixture back into the saucepan with the remaining cream mixture, whisking constantly.
- Cook the mixture over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon. Do not let the mixture boil.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a large bowl.
- Stir in the sweetened condensed milk and mix well.
- If desired, add a few drops of purple food coloring to enhance the Ube color.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and chill the mixture in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Churn the chilled mixture in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Transfer the churned ice cream to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours, or until firm.
- Serve the Ube Ice Cream with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
This Ube Ice Cream is a delicious and unique dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The Ube flavor concentrate adds a distinct ube flavor and beautiful purple color to the ice cream, while the sweetened condensed milk adds a rich and creamy texture. This recipe is easy to make and is sure to impress your guests with its unique flavors and beautiful presentation. Enjoy!
6-8 servings of ice cream