Orange Vanilla Souffle French Toast
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 8 slices firm white bread (crusts removed)
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring or OOOFlavors Vanilla (Bean
- Ice Cream) Flavoring
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Orange Square Candy Flavoring
1. Melt butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat;
stirring until smooth. Pour into a 9" x 13" baking dish.
2. Arrange bread slices in a single layer over sugar mixture.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until well combined
and pour over bread. Cover and refrigerate at least 9 hours or overnight.
4. When ready to bake, bring soufflé to room temperature and bake in a
preheated 350ºF oven for 35 - 40 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.
Serve immediately. Serves 4 - 6