Low Carb Tamales
- 1 Package of Cornbread Mix (Kawaii Treats & Eats)
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbs Manteca (Lard)
- 1/3 Cup Sour Cream
- 2 Eggs
- Shredder Beef/Nopales (Cooked Cactus)
- 10 Drops of OOOFlavors Cornbread
- Mix in lard, sour cream, eggs, and flavor drops.
- Scrape a thin amount of this mixture onto your pre-soaked, (dried off) corn husks.
- Place meat/protein into down to the middle, roll, and secure tamale with a husk strip.
- Simmer covered in tamale pot for 30 minutes.
- Let cool or these will be extra mushy
Recipe by @on_westhoff_ranch (IG)