How To Make Homemade Rock Candy
This tasty treat is not only easy to make at home, but it can be fun and creative as well. We have outlined a few tips on how to make homemade rock candy at home that will allow you to try this creative and tasty endeavor in your own kitchen. The quicker you start reading these tips, the sooner you will be eating this yummy and delicious treat!
Ingredients and Materials You Will Need
One of the best things about making rock candy is that you don’t need many materials and ingredients. All you need is the following:
- 2 cups of water
- 6 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 to 3 drops of food coloring
- ½ to 1 teaspoon of flavoring
- Glass Jar
- Wooden Skewer
- Color Additive
- Concentrated Candy Flavoring
Directions for Creating Rock Candy
This process is simple, but it is important to make sure that you follow these steps exactly.
- Gather all ingredients outlined above.
- Wet each wooden skewer with water. Afterward, roll the skewer in the granulated sugar to create a base layer that gives the crystals something to hold onto when they begin to form. Once this is complete, let it dry completely.
- Bring two cups of water to a boil. Start adding one cup of sugar at a time. Make sure to continuously stir. With each additional cup, it will take a longer time for it to dissolve.
- When all the sugar has dissolved, remove the pan from the heat.
- At this time, if you want to, you can add coloring or flavoring to the mixture.
- Allow for the sugar syrup to cool for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Rinse the jars with hot water, then pour the syrup into the jars.
- Lower the skewer into each jar, hanging it about one inch from the bottom with clothespins.
- Cover the top of the jar with plastic wrap or a paper towel, and then allow it to sit and cool in a place where it will not be disturbed.
- Over a duration of two to four hours, sugar crystals will form. Do not let it grow onto the sides of the jar.
- Transfer the rock candy to an empty jar so that it can dry for one or two hours after it has reached the size that you want it to be.
Following these instructions on how to make homemade rock candy will help you make a tasty and creative treat! Please make sure to follow each step to a T, or it might not turn out how you want it to! Also, if you are in search of where to purchase some wonderful flavoring concentrates, visit our website for numerous delicious options!