Ginger Keto “Bread”
- 1/4 cup browned butter
- 3/4 cup Coconut flour
- 3/4 cup erythritol
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Maple Flavoring
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 2-4 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Cinnamon Flavoring
- 1/2 tsp allspice
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered erythritol/swerve confectioners
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring
- 1/4 tsp Pink Salt
1. Make the brown butter: heat a bottom heavy saucepan to medium-low heat and add the butter.
2. Once fully melted combine with a spoon until it starts to froth over. This should take about 5-7 minutes. At this point it is important to keep an eye on it as it browns, but make sure it doesn't burn. Once it gets a deep brown it is done - remove from heat.
3. Strain the butter into a small bowl and set aside to cool.
4. Grease a 8x4 loaf pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
5. Make the cake: In a medium bowl combine the coconut flour, erythritol, baking powder, ginger, OOOFlavors Cinnamon Flavoring and allspice. Combine with a whisk. Set aside.
6. Once the butter has cooled, about 15 minutes, add the OOOFlavors Maple Flavoring, eggs, and browned butter to a large bowl. Whisk together.
7. In two batches add the dry ingredients to the wet and combine.
8. Pour the cake into the greased loaf pan and bake for 43-45 minutes. Ovens vary in temp so do a toothpick test at 40 minutes!
9. Allow the cake to cool for atlas 20 minutes prior to cutting, and if you are frosting it, allow it to cool completely prior to frosting!
Make the Frosting: Using a hand mixer, cream together the room temperature cream cheese and butter until fully incorporated.
1. Add the salt, OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring and confectioner and cream together until combined.
2. NOTE: we used 3/4ths of the frosting recipe on the gingerbread cake, which is reflected in the recipe!