Cotton Candy Apples
- 6–8 medium apples (washed, dried & stems removed)
- 3 cups white sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup water
- 2-4 drops OOOFlavors Cotton Candy Flavoring
- 2 Tbsp white liquid food coloring
- 1–2 tsp gel food coloring of your choice
- Candy apple sticks
- 1 package cotton candy for garnish
- Cookie sheet
- Non-stick spray
- Heavy-duty boiler or sauce pan
- Candy thermometer
- Rubber spatula
1. Lightly spray cookie sheet with non-stick spray and set aside.
2. In saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup, water, and white liquid food
coloring. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
3. Insert candy thermometer, making sure it does not touch the bottom of the pan. Bring mixture to a boil without stirring.
4. Early in the cooking process, wipe down any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan with a wet pastry brush.
5. Continue to cook the syrup, without stirring, until the temperature reaches 302
°F/150° C. This will take about 20 minutes. Immediately remove pan from
heat and stir in gel food coloring. After boiling action has ceased, stir in the
OOOFlavors Cotton Candy Flavoring. Stir gently to mix in flavor evenly, but
without adding too much air. You’ll want to work quickly, because the candy will start to cool immediately.
6. Tilt the pan to create a deep pool of sugar syrup. Insert a stick into the apple and dip one apple into the syrup, turning to cover the apple completely. Allow
any excess syrup to drip back into the pan, then place the apple on the prepared cookie sheet. Repeat with remaining apples.
7. Allow the coated apples to cool completely at room temperature for about 1 hour. Top with cotton candy. Enjoy!