- 8 medium apples
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups brown sugar (depending on sweetness of apples)
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1-2 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Cinnamon Roll Flavoring
1. Core and quarter apples. Place in a large pan and add the 1 teaspoon water.
Cover and simmer on low for 30 minutes, or until soft. Stir the apples after 15
minutes of cooking.
2. Press the cooked apples through a sieve (or through a colander for a chunkier butter). Discard skins and return pulp to pan.
3. Stir in 1 cup of brown sugar and taste for sweetness; adding more sugar to taste.
4. Stir in the cider vinegar and OOOFlavors Cinnamon Roll Flavoring.
5. Simmer over very low heat, stirring frequently, until the mixture is very thick and dark amber in color, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours (mixture will thicken more upon cooling).
Makes 2 pint jars or 4 half pint jars.