Chocolate Bourbon Pecan Bars
- 2, 9” ready-made pie crusts
- 2 1/2 cups dark brown sugar (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Vanilla (Bean Ice Cream) Flavoring
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Bourbon Whiskey Flavoring
- 16 oz. pecan halves
- 7 oz. premium dark chocolate (2 large bars)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1. Spray the bottom of a 9"x 13” glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Preheat oven to 425° F.
3. Unroll the pie crusts and combine them both by rolling them into a single ball and then rolling them back out to be just a bit larger than the bottom of the baking dish (the crust will shrink a bit during baking). Bake it in the oven at 425° F. for 7 minutes. Remove from the heat and reduce the oven temperature to 350° F.
4. In a stand mixer or large mixing bowl, combine the brown sugar, melted butter, eggs, corn syrup, flour, salt, OOOFlavors Vanilla (Bean Ice Cream) Flavoring and OOOFlavors Bourbon Whiskey Flavoring. Mix on medium speed for about 1 minute, until smooth and combined.
5. Reserve about 1 cup of the pecan halves and set aside. Roughly chop the rest of the pecans and the chocolate. Stir them both into the batter.
6. Pour the batter evenly over the pie crust. Add the reserved pecan halves on top, arranging them into the design of your choice.
7. Bake in the oven uncovered for 20 minutes. Remove and cover with tin foil, then return to the oven and bake for another 20 minutes, or until the center is soft set.
8. Cool the dish for at least 2 hours before cutting and serving. Serve each bar with a large scoop of ice cream and fresh whipped cream.
Makes 12 bars