Blueberry Cream Cheese Muffin Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 cup butter (salted)
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Large eggs
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Blueberry Flavoring
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Large sugar sprinkles for topping (try using OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring)
1. Preheat oven to 325°F and prepare a baking sheet with a SilPat or Parchment paper.
2. Brown the butter (in a skillet) until just lightly browned and beginning to smell a bit nutty. Remove from heat.
3. Add the browned butter, cream cheese, and sugars to the bowl of a stand mixer and cream until well combined. Add eggs, OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring and OOOFlavors Blueberry Flavoring and beat for 2 more minutes. Add baking soda and flour, mixing on low until just combined.
4. Scoop this very wet dough using two spoons onto prepared cookie sheet, mounding the dough. Insert blueberries one by one into the dough, approximately 4-6 berries per cookie. Sprinkle the decorative sugar on top before baking 16-18 minutes.
5. Allow cookies to cool on pan. Cookies will be very soft and moist, slightly browned on the bottom. Store in airtight container.