Banana Nut Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup (1-1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 large egg
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring
- 1-3 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Banana Nut Flavoring
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 large banana)
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 8 ounces (1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted if desired
1. Preheat oven to 375º F.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, salt, and baking soda for 20 seconds; set aside.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Add egg, OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring and OOOFlavors Banana Nut Flavoring and mix on low until combined. Mix in mashed banana. Gradually add flour mixture until just combined. Stir in oats, chocolate chips, and pecans.
4. Drop dough by tablespoonful onto baking sheets lined with parchment paper, spacing about 2" apart.
5. Bake each sheet separately for 10-12 minutes or until cookies are just cooked through (do not over-bake). Remove baking sheet from oven and cool on wire rack for 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely. Store cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.