Banana Creamy Pie
- Cooking Spray
- 12 graham cracker squares
- 1 tbsp butter, melted (Or, up to this point, you can use a pre-made crust)
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla pudding gelatin
- 3 tbsp boiling water
- ⅓ cup, plus
- ½ tsp sugar
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 2-4 drops (subjective) OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring
- 2 cups sliced banana (about 3 bananas)
- ¼ cup whipping cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Spray a 9-inch pie plate with cooking spray. In a food processor, process graham crackers until finely ground. Add butter and 1 tbsp of water and process until the crumbs clump together. Press crumb mixture into bottom of pie plate and about ½ inch up the sides. Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, then let cool. (Or you can skip this step if you're using a pre-made crust.)
3. In the meantime, make the filling. Put the gelatin in a small bowl; add 3 tbsp of boiling water and stir until the gelatin is dissolved. In a medium saucepan, whisk together ⅓ cup of sugar and the flour. In a medium bowl, lightly beat the milk and eggs together. Add the egg and dissolve. Cook over a medium heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes, until mixture comes to a boil and has thickened. Stir in the OOOFlavors Vanilla Flavoring and gelatin. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Arrange the sliced bananas on the graham cracker crust and pour the pudding on top. Place in the refrigerator until the pudding has set, about 3 hours.
5. Whip the cream with an electric beater. When it is about halfway done, add ½ teaspoon of sugar, then continue whipping until fully whipped. Put the whipped cream in a plastic bag, concentrating it in 1 corner of the bag. Snip that corner off the bag and squeeze the whipped cream out of the bag in a decorative pattern around the pie.